Newport Community News & Updates
"Working Toward A Positive Future"
NEWS & UPDATES
GARAGE SALE OCTOBER 9th - Rain date October 16th
Please remove garage sale signs by 4 pm on Saturday
FALL CELEBRATION AT LAKE PARK
Saturday, Oct. 23rd - 11 am - 2pm
SWIMMING POOL CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN AT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING - AUGUST 19, 2021
- A motion, seconded and carried to approve the following increase in fees charged by the association to take effect September 1, 2021:
- Fee for Deed Restriction Enforcement Certified Letter - increase from $25 to $35
- Fee for Lien – increase from $160 to $175
- Transfer fee – increase from $150 to $200; add $75 for updated request
- Certificate of Compliance – increase from $125 to $150
- Refinance fee – increase from $55 to $75
- Certified Letter Fee from $25 to $35
- Owner record search - $50
- A motion was made, seconded and carried to approve and adopt revised Collection Procedures.
- A motion was made, seconded and carried to approve and adopt the revised Deed Restriction Procedures.
- A motion was made, seconded and carried to approve and adopt the Fence and Security Camera Guidelines.
- A motion was made, seconded and carried to record the adopted Amenity Access Procedures.
- A motion was made, seconded and carried to approve and adopt the Twelfth Amended Bylaws.
- A motion was made, seconded and carried to purchase three additional pieces of equipment for the fitness center.
- A motion was made, seconded and carried to permit the merger of Newport Court Homeowner’s Association into The New Property Owners Association of Newport, Inc., provided Newport Court amends certain of their restrictive covenants to coincide with those of our Association.
- Pool furniture arrived and is stored to be used for next season.
- Prepared and delivered CISD Agreement for use of pool.
- Sweetwater is removing chemicals from building where pool furniture is stored.
- Arranging a meeting with Newport Swim Team to find location for swim team to have a storage building constructed to free up space in our storage building.
- New employees – Heather Louque – accounting assistant; Pam Stephens – front desk Heather is also helping Courtney with deed restriction inspections.
- Alex is working on removing dead trees at river park and other amenity areas.
- Someone stole all the outside lights and the wiring at the gazebo. I filed a police report and ordered new lights.
- We are waiting on bid from Reyes for pressure washing the admin building at Stonebridge.
- Need to replace 32 feet of fence on Newport Blvd. - $2351.79. Just need permission to accept. Permission granted.
1. MASK REQUESTED TO ENTER
2. ONLY 2 PATRONS IN LOBBY AT A TIME
3. CLOSED EACH DAY FOR LUNCH FROM NOON TO 1:00 PM
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
2021 ASSESSMENTS REMAIN THE SAME
$55 PER MONTH DUE ON THE FIRST OF EACH MONTH
Assessments received after the last day of the month in which they are due, are subject to a monthly late fee of $5.00 plus interest at the rate of 6% per annum. Payments more than four months late, are subject to an additional collection fee of $15.00 per month.
For complete collection procedures, please visit our website at www.newportpoa.com Resident Documents…Collection Procedures
HOW TO PAY:
- – Direct Debit (form available in the office)
- – Online - newportpoa.com - hot pink button
- – In Person at the NPOA office - check, cash, card, money order
- – Blue Drop Box on Newport Blvd. in front of the gazebo
- – Mail - NPOA, P. O. Box 1362, Crosby, TX 77532
- – Through your bank
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER WHEN PAYING
VIA CHECK, MONEY ORDER OR THROUGH YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.
FITNESS CENTER HOURS
Monday thru Friday 6:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
FRONTIER WASTE SOLUTIONS
PLEASE STORE TRASH CANS OUT OF PUBLIC VIEW except on trash days
- MONDAY/THURSDAY for the SOUTHSIDE of the San Jacinto River Authority Canal
- TUESDAY/FRIDAY for the NORTHSIDE of the San Jacinto River Authority Canal
Please have your household waste to the curb by 7 am to ensure service that day.
FIRST COLLECTION DAYS OF THE WEEK (MONDAY/TUESDAY)
- Trees, shrubs, brush trimming and fencing (no greater than 4 feet long, no branches exceeding 4 inches in diameter, bundled and tied in bunches of no more than 50 pounds)
- Yard Waste (grass clippings, leaves, weeds, etc.) must be in bags or trash cans not exceeding 50 pounds a piece
HEAVY TRASH DAYS
[Heavy trash are items that fall under the categories of "furniture and/or appliances".]
- SECOND COLLECTION OF THE WEEK (THURSDAY/FRIDAY)
HEAVY TRASH IS NOT:
- Construction and demolition waste
- Concrete, wood, brick storm debris
- Home improvement projects, roofing material
- Unbundled branches