About Our Community
Newport is a community nestled in far East Harris County just north of Highway 90. Trees, trees and more trees. One of the primary attractions to homeowners and residents is the lush and thick forests which surround and make up the community.
- Public Golf Course and Clubhouse
- Park Area and boat access to Lake Houston
- Beach area on San Jacinto River
- RV and Boat Storage
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Courts
- Hike and Bike Trails along Gum Gulley
- 7-acre park w/ splash pad located on Port O'Call and Aweigh Drive
- Pocket Park at South Diamondhead (just before bridge over Gum Gulley)
- Pocket Park at end of Flying Bridge in Section Ten
Walking Trails and Parks are owned and operated by Newport MUD. You can reach NMUD at (281) 324-9803.